Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Surprise Thank You

Monday morning I came in to a very nice surprise on my desk:  a thank you card with a $40 Target gift card inside from some ladies at my work.

They gave me the card as a thank you for leading an exercise class at work earlier this year. It was six-week class that started in January and met on Tuesdays and Thursdays during our 30-minute lunch break. I had seven ladies that came on a regular basis and they all did a good job. It was fun to see how they progressed from the first class to the last class. In fact, on the last class of the session we did the same workout that we did during the very first session. I told them to take note of how they felt for a few days after that class to see if they were as sore as they were after the first class. Everyone of them could tell a difference, that they had gotten stronger and weren't as sore. We all enjoyed the workouts so much that we continued them after the session was over, but decided to end the classes in April due to schedules getting busier and the summer coming on. I think we'll plan to pick it back up again in the fall.

It was so much fun to see the girls progress and get stronger. I'm sure they weren't too happy with me at times when they were sore, but know that they all agree it was good for them!

Thanks girls! I will definitely enjoy spending the Target gift card! 

No comments: