Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wear A Dress (or Skirt) Wednesday

Today is the first Wednesday after Memorial Day which can only mean one thing:

It's "Wear A Dress (or Skirt) Wednesday!"

This is something I started on my own at work in 2009 and have continued it each summer. Every Wednesday, between Memorial Day and Labor Day, I wear a dress or skirt to work. I started it because I realized that I had a lot of dresses and skirts in my closet, but I never seemed to wear them. I would wear them to church in the summer, but that was only one day a week for a couple of hours. They needed to be worn more so I decided to start wearing them to work. (It also helped that my work changed the dress code and pantyhose were not required and I could wear open-toed shoes and sandals. There's no way I'd be wearing a dress, especially in the summer, if I had to wear pantyhose with it!)

The first time I wore a dress that first summer was a Wednesday, so I decided to make it an every Wednesday thing and gave it the name "Wear A Dress (or Skirt) Wednesday." I have continued this tradition each summer since and have even gotten other ladies in my office involved!


No comments: