Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Chapstick

I keep a tube of chapstick on my bedside table and put it on my lips every night before bed. Lucy likes to play in our room playing radio and has recently found my tube of chapstick. She has also learned how to take the cap off and put it on her lips, or attempt to put it on her lips.

One day Lucy, Molly, and I were sitting on my bed before Lucy's naptime watching one of her shows. Molly had fallen asleep in my arms so I got up to put her down in her crib. She woke up when I did this so I picked her up and sat with her a bit in the rocking chair in her room. Lucy had seemed pretty calm and sleepy so I knew she would be fine alone on my bed. I hoped, too, that she would just fall asleep.

After about five minutes I put Molly down again and went to check on Lucy. It was completely quiet in my room so I thought she was asleep, but I was wrong. When I walked in the room I smelled a sweet smell and wasn't quite sure what it was. I quickly realized that it was the smell of my chapstick which was all over Lucy's lips and face. Lucy was sitting on my bed putting the chapstick all over her face. It  was the funniest thing and I just started laughing so hard. She looked so innocent holding the tube in her hands rubbing it all over her face and moving her head, too. She said something to me, I don't remember what it was, but it was just so funny! I took the tube from her, which was pretty gross and slimy from her getting chapstick all over it and put it away. She's such a fun little girl!

The video below isn't from the time described above, but from yet another time she used my chapstick!

No comments: