Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hard Boiled Eggs

My Dad told me about a new (new to me) way to make hard boiled eggs and it works so well for me that I have to share it. Instead of making them on the stove with boiling water, you make them in the oven! I was a bit skeptical of this method but tried it myself and found that it works great. I don't make hard boiled eggs very often, but when I have in the past it seems like I never boil them right. Sometimes they seem overdone and sometimes underdone. I've made them three times now in the oven and it's great! Here's what you do:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Put a whole (unopened) egg in each individual cup of a 12-cup muffin pan.
Bake for 30 minutes, then remove and immediately place in an ice water bath.
Allow the eggs to cool, and then peel.

No comments: