Friday, July 31, 2015

Pictures - Part 6

A long, long time ago when I didn't have kids to write about, I did a series of posts about pictures I have in my house. Most of the pictures in those posts haven't changed and I have another set of pictures I love just as much.

These pictures are on the wall in Molly's room. One is a picture of me holding Lucy when she was just days old, another is a picture of me holding Molly when she was just days old, and the other is a cross stitch that my Gramma Ward made for my Mom when Stephanie was born. My mom gave it to me when I was pregnant with Lucy and I love it so much. It says:

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
for babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

Mom knew I wanted it and she took great care in giving it to me with the dust that had accumulated on it at her house still on it. I thought about cleaning it off and letting my own dust accumulate, but I didn't. I think it has even more meaning now with both of our dust on it!

I used to have the cross stitch and picture of me and Lucy in Lucy's room, but decided to move it to Molly's room when I was getting it ready. I really love the pictures of me holding the babies. They are definitely some of my favorites!


Lucy, just days old.


Molly, just days old.

No comments: