Wednesday, May 24, 2017

As The World Turns

I started this blog post sometime last summer, when for some reason my Mom, sister, and I were texting about the soap opera "As The World Turns," and am finally getting around to finishing it. Stephanie and I grew up watching "As The World Turns." It was on every day from 12:30-1:30pm, and actually, my whole family would watch it! My Dad would come home from work for lunch each day and we would all watch it while eating. My Mom grew up watching it, so I guess that's why my sister and I did.

I remember looking forward to this show each day, and would hate when a big cliff hanger would happen on a Friday...we would have to wait two whole days to find out what happened! We would even tape the show, using our VCR, on school days so we wouldn't miss anything. The show ran for 40 some years and oh the story lines that it had!

My Mom, Stephanie, and I had such a fun time texting about this show! Remembering all the craziness that happened, the characters that came back to life time after time, I could go on and on! We even found some clips of the show on YouTube and shared them back and forth. It was a fun stroll down memory lane!



No comments: