Thursday, May 18, 2017

Between The Hour of 7:45am And 8:45am

Sometimes I absolutely amaze myself at everything that happens between the hour of 7:45am-8:45am, six days a week. Everything we do on Sunday-Friday begins at 9am...the gym, school, and church. We need to be to each of these at 9am, so we try to leave the house by 8:40am to have plenty of time to get to where we're going and get settled.

Pretty much every morning when I wake up and start getting the girls ready, around 7:45am, I get overwhelmed and wonder how I will ever make it out the door in one hour?! Molly is easy to wake up every day, but Lucy is hit-and-miss on if she will wake up easily or not. Once they're up and out of bed I need to get Lucy to go potty, which can be a struggles, and get them downstairs to eat and get dressed. They watch TV shows in the morning and although I wish we didn't, it's a help to me! I can usually get Molly dressed and her hair fixed with no problem because she's so fixated on whatever's on TV. Lucy is a little challenging sometimes when it comes to getting dressed and getting her hair fixed. She wants to put her clothes on in a certain order and different things like that, making it stressful sometimes.

The girls eat breakfast on the couch, which I'd like to get them into eating at the table and maybe we'll work on that this summer, but for now the couch works. Lucy is good to have water and yogurt or a jelly sandwich. Molly drinks orange juice and usually has fruit for breakfast. She's not a big breakfast person, but I try to get her to eat yogurt or cottage cheese.

Then comes time to get the shoes on and get into the car. This can seriously take up to 10 minutes and countless times of telling them to get their shoes on, go out to the car, etc.

Most days I stress out a little around 8:20 if no one is dressed and hair isn't fixed. I start to worry about how I can make all of that happen in about 10-12 minutes! And I don't know how, but we always manage to get to out destination on time or early and some days I'm in awe of how it happened! This first hour of my day with the girls is definitely not my favorite, but I make it through!

No comments: