Friday, May 20, 2022

We're In The Bible!

When Ross and I got married we gave our pastor three different scriptures we wanted read during our ceremony. One of the scriptures was Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever." I wanted him to read this because I just love it because God really is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine!

Our pastor did use this in our ceremony and added to it a bit in a way that I loved. I loved it so much that I printed out what he said and have it framed on the keyholder in our mudroom. (My thinking for putting it there was that I would see it everyday when I leave my house and that might cause me to think on it all day.) This is how it was changed for our wedding: "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in this home, in this marriage, in Ross and Libby, and in Christ Jesus throughout al generations for ever and ever." I just love how he added the part about our home, our marriage, and us individually! 

Well, a few weeks ago Molly noticed it and after reading it said, "wow, are you and Daddy in the Bible?" I told her no and explained the verse and why it has our names in it. I chuckled to myself about that throughout the day and thought it was so sweet and innocent! 



No comments: