Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Arkansas Weekend

March 26-28 Ross and I headed down to Arkansas for a weekend away with my parents and my sister and her family. We stayed at a very nice cabin about 45 minutes southwest of Harrison, Arkansas. My parents have been there a few times before by themselves and we went as a family in 2008. This was a weekend birthday celebration for my mom, dad and brother-in-law whose birthdays are 3/15, 3/31 and 4/16. We usually celebrate mom and dad's birthdays together and this year Nathan's birthday falls on the day before our wedding so that day is out for celebrating for him!

Ross and I got there around 8:30 Friday night and we all just hung out for the evening. Saturday we slept in a bit, had breakfast and then went on a family hike. We hiked about a 3-mile trail that was fairly easy for the most part. The boys had fun throwing rocks in a stream along the trail and then walking around a waterfall at the end of the trail. The day started off a bit chilly but warmed up and made for great hiking weather.

After the hike we headed back to the cabin for lunch and relaxing. It started raining in the afternoon so we stayed in for naps and watching basketball. Mom, Stephanie and I worked on some wedding plans and Ross and I worked on shower thank yous. We had a good steak dinner and then watched a movie.

Sunday we got up, had breakfast and headed back to Springfield. All in all it was a nice get away!









No comments: