Monday, January 25, 2016

Reliving The Fair

We went to the Ozark Empire Fair this past August and it was a really great time! We went with my parents, my sister, and my two nephews. Unfortunately, my brother-in-law couldn't make it. We hadn't planned on going, it was more on a whim but I'm so glad we went! I have so many great memories of going to the fair as a kid.  

Each summer the last week of July/first week of August meant it was fair time and we always looked forward to it. My parents would make us look at all the livestock first before we got to play games and ride rides. We usually got to take a friend with us and that was tons of fun. It's funny to think back about how the fair changed as I grew up. When I was a little, little girl it was all about going with my family. In elementary school it was all about going with my best girlfriends and playing games and riding rides. In high school it was all about going to scope out boys........such is life I guess!

We had a great time with Lucy. She got to see some of the animals at the petting zoo and really liked looking at all of the lights on the rides. We played the duck pond and a few other games, but didn't ride any rides. The tickets were kind of pricey (something we were completely oblivious to as kids) and we didn't want to pay for the tickets just to have her get scared on the ride.

Molly was a good sport to ride along in the stroller, however wasn't happy on the way there or on the way home. :) We plan to go back next summer and I'm sure Lucy will have a blast and Molly will enjoy looking at everything. Fun, fun memories!










I even got to play a game!

No comments: