Thursday, January 21, 2016

Sunday School

Ross and I now help teach the toddlers (18-30 months) class at our church. We're on a rotation and only have to teach once a month. When I signed up for this I wasn't super excited about it and I was doing it with another person instead of Ross. I signed up because I felt I needed to volunteer at church somehow and this seemed like the best option for me. I eventually got Ross to volunteer, too, and now we're leading the class.

We taught last Sunday and I decided to have some fun with it. I picked the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000 people with two fish and five loaves of bread and made a craft and found a coloring sheet to go along with it. The craft was paper plates tied together and cut out fish and loaves of bread to go in the paper plate basket. My plan was for the kids to color the basket and then put their fish and bread in the basket. Now, I know they are 1 1/2 years old to 2 1/2 years old and it could be completely lost on them, but I always appreciate when Lucy comes home with Sunday school crafts like this so thought why not. Maybe something will sink in with the kids and it will be worth it!

I had an idea of which kids might be there, but wasn't sure exactly how many we would have. I made up enough baskets for seven kids. We had one kid. I was kind of disappointed about that, but the little girl we had had fun putting the fish and bread in her basket and enjoyed coloring it, so it was worth it! I look forward to doing another story and craft next month!


No comments: