Friday, August 24, 2018

First Day Fail!

Lucy has done great her first few days of kindergarten. I, however, failed the very first day! Lucy came home from school on the first day with the following note in her backpack.



I laughed so hard at this and was totally laughing at myself. I saw on her class schedule that she has snack time from 10:45-11:00am each day. I wasn't told or given any information about sending a snack or sending money for a snack, so thought it was pretty neat that her school provided a snack for the kids! Well, I was certainly wrong! I completely missed something or her teacher just forgot to tell us to send a snack each day! Thankfully, Lucy's teacher did give her a snack that first day, and Lucy said there were lots of other kids who didn't have a snack, either, so at least I wasn't the only one! I just laughed to myself thinking how naive of me to think that the school would provide it! I guess I thought that because they have a "breakfast in the classroom" program the is completely free for every student at that school, so why wouldn't they provide a snack, too?! So you can bet from now on the first item I pack in her backpack each day is a snack!

The first week of kindergarten has been a good one, but there's definitely been a learning curve to go along with it!

No comments: