Thursday, August 9, 2018

What's Wrong With This Picture?

This is a picture of Molly sleeping in our bed. If you look closely at it you can see that Molly is laying in the middle of the bed alone, with no one else in the bed with her. And if you look even closer, you can see the top says it was taken at 5:30am. Again, this is a picture of Molly laying in mine and Ross' bed all alone with no one else in it at 5:30am. I wasn't in the bed because I was getting ready to go for a run and Ross wasn't in the bed because he was sleeping in the guest bed.

I'm afraid we've run into a bad problem this summer....sometime mid-June Molly came into our room one night around 4am and crawled into bed with me. I didn't think anything of it and let her stay. This happened again the next night, and the next, and the next, to where we've basically had a bed partner every night since mid-June. Some nights Ross gets up and sleeps in the guest room, some nights he suffers through it like I do. Molly likes to sleep RIGHT NEXT TO ME and she often ends up sleeping sideways in bed with her head right in my back and her legs kicking Ross.

We've talked several times about how we just have to take her back to her bed and make her stay there. We haven't done this, though, because it's so much easier said than done! Basically, we're lazy and tired and don't want to get out of bed to take her back! We're hoping this is just a phase that will pass because we're tired of being tired! It's almost like having a newborn again. I don't know about Ross, but I wake up when she comes in and I often have trouble falling back asleep, so my sleep hasn't been that great lately. Each night before bed we tell Molly she needs to stay in her own bed, but she just doesn't listen to us. :)




No comments: