Monday, August 13, 2018

Kona Ice

This summer we discovered Kona Ice! It's basically snow cones/shave ice and the girls love it! We first had a Kona Ice one beautiful Sunday afternoon in June while at the park. The girls were playing and I saw the Kona Ice truck drive up and laughed to myself thinking how clever for the truck to pull up at a park! I ran into an old friend so was talking to him for a bit while Ross was watching the girls play. The next thing I knew, I turned around and saw Ross and the girls at the Kona Ice truck buying a Kona Ice. This made me laugh so much!

Ever since that Sunday the girls have asked about and wanted Kona Ice. We even tried to make some at home once, but I don't think it turned out quite right. :)

Well, fast forward to a few weeks ago and the girls, Gumma, and I were running a few errands before going to see the animals (for probably the 20th time this summer) at Petsmart! :)  I drove by a park and saw the Kona Ice truck parked there and just started laughing! I couldn't pass up this opportunity, so pulled in and we all enjoyed sharing a strawberry Kona Ice!

And to add to the Kona Ice story, later that same evening, I saw a post on our elementary school's Facebook page saying the Kona Ice truck would be at Meet The Teacher night at school! Three cheers for Kona Ice!





No comments: