Friday, January 15, 2010

Dresses and Veils and Jewelry and Shoes

I tried on my wedding dress Wednesday afternoon!!! It was so much fun and my dress is just so pretty! It fits very nicely, only needing a few alterations, and it is w-h-i-t-e! I love the white color but was so afraid to touch it for fear of getting it dirty. I didn't realize this but my dress also came with a little jacket that is very small, just 3/4 length sleeves and sits off my shoulders. It is very pretty and is very cool to see how wearing it can completely change the look of the dress. I might have it on in a few pictures but just for pictures definitely not for the wedding or reception. :)

I tried on shoes and necklaces and earrings but had no luck with any at the bridal shop...plus the fact that everything I tried on was wicked expensive. Which brings me to the veil I fell in love with...the $450 veil I fell in love with! It was just beautiful, had the perfect fit around my shoulders, had the right amount of poof to it, had gorgeous crystals all around for the border, oh I just loved it and so did my mom. When I took the veil off I looked at the price. If you would have been there then you probably would have heard my heart sink when I saw that price tag. Now I understand that wedding stuff is expensive and all that, but $450 for a veil, that's quite ridiculous! We left with no veil and thus began my quest for a similar, more cost-effective veil.

So yesterday I searched on Etsy.com and found a very comparable veil for only $48, add in the blusher at $12, shipping at $5.50 and I have a $65.50 veil!! (Forgot to mention above, it was going to be $120 for a blusher...that is just 17" of plain tulle.) I have to admit, I am a bit nervous that I will not like the veil when I see it in person, so let's hope it is just perfect!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I agree!! $450 is SO expensive!! Holy cow! I am so glad you were able to find a veil that you love for a much smaller price!!! I can't WAIT to see your whole ensemble, you are going to be GORGEOUS!! However, you are not just gorgeous on the outside, but on the inside!! You have waited on God's perfect timing and He has BLESSED you!! YAY!! Love you Libby Lee!! :)