Tuesday, January 19, 2010

From Two-Door to Adult

I bought a new car last Friday, a 2006 Honda Accord. I have had my 1999 Oldsmobile Alero for just under six years and the past year it has been breaking down every few months or so. The last straw was in December when I had to replace the brakes and I was told how much the anti-freeze leak would cost to fix. I decided I was done putting money into that car.

Ross had his friend, who is a car dealer, start looking for a new car and we found the perfect one, all the way around. It is dark gray with very plush, dark gray interior and was kept in very good condition for a four-year-old car. I bought it just shy of 43,000 miles and at a very reasonable price, too. We were able to sell my Alero off of Craigslist over the weekend which was a huge blessing. So glad to have that taken care of and now have money to pay for my sales tax on the Accord.

I am enjoying the car...my "old lady car" as I call it. See, all my cars have been two-door cars. I have had a huge aversion to four-door cars as I felt them to be too adult or grown up for me. Since I started driving at 16 I have had 2 Chevy Berettas, an Olds Cutlass Supreme and my Olds Alero, all two-door cars, all kind of sporty looking and very "Libby." So purchasing a four-door car was kind of hard for me...it's like I'm being forced to grow up, forced to really become and adult! (Don't worry, I don't expect others to understand my thinking on this!) But I am amazed at how quickly I have gotten used to the nice, plush interior and the extra space I have in my new car. Compared to the backseat in the Alero, my new backseat is H-U-G-E! Oh, and I have the radio/CD player and volume controls on my steering wheel - love that!

I did realize though, that if I had this hard of a time letting go of my two-door car for a four-door car, I don't think I'll ever be able to drive a minivan!

Ross brought me a "Congratulations On Your New Car" rose. He's so sweet!


Standing with my old lady car.


The lighting is a bit bad, but oh well!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I LOVE it!! It is not an old lady car, it is perfect for you and your new life!!! :) I can't wait to go for a spin!! :)