Monday, January 11, 2010

The Weekend That Wasn't

Ross and I had planned to take last Saturday as a registering and shopping day. We were going to Bed Bath and Beyond and then Target to get our wedding registry set up, and then to mattress stores to shop for a new king size mattress for our master bedroom. We were so looking forward to that day (Ross was honestly excited to register, too, which made it even more fun!)

Friday night we went to dinner with some friends and as we were leaving the restaurant my stomach was starting to feel not quite right. We went to a coffee shop, just the two of us, for coffee, hot chocolate and talking. It was a nice time, especially since we hadn't done anything like that in a while. Afterward I went home, straight to bed.

I woke up around 1:30am and immediately went to the bathroom, knowing something was up with the way my stomach was feeling. Spent a little time in the bathroom as my dinner food decided to make a reappearance, all the while thinking that I will never be able to eat ribs or salad ever again. I was able to fall back asleep only to wake up again at 4:30am for more of the same. This time I called my parents when I was done. I knew they couldn't do anything for me but it still helped at least talking to someone, or perhaps it's the fact that my dad is a pharmacist and for all my life has been my "doctor". If ever I'm sick or not feeling well my first thought is to ask him what's wrong and bypass the doctor altogether.

So I slept off and on all morning and then dear, sweet Ross came over. Now this meant so much to me for him to do this - he is absolutely terrified of getting sick, especially the kind of sickness where your food reappears. He was so good to me! He brought me 7-Up (because we all know that's the drink of choice when sick) and bananas and just hung out with me that afternoon. He is so good to me.

Sunday morning I woke up feeling completely back to normal, just a little weak from only having a diet of jello and water the day before. We went to church and lunch and decided to go ahead and get our wedding registry started....I'll blog about that later.

I am definitely a "doer" type person, I like to stay busy and when I'm knocked out like I was all day Saturday I just feel worthless and lazy. And I love my weekends so much, too...why couldn't I have been sick on a Monday instead of a Saturday?!

No comments: