Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy 2011!

Welcome to a new year everyone! I started my blog on January 1, 2010, so it's now a year old! I hope you've enjoyed hearing about my life this past year.

I certainly had quite a year in 2010! Each year I like to think back on all the things that are different this year compared to last year. Here's what I have so far:
  • I have a new car
  • I have new glasses
  • I'm married!
  • I have a new last name
  • I have a new family
  • I have a new house (and actually moved twice within three months)
My list might not be big in quantity, but it's certainly big in quality! Getting married was by far the highlight of my year. In fact, on New Year's Day I asked Ross what the highlight of his year was, besides getting married. He was stumped and had no answer for me!

I do enjoy the beginning of each year and the fresh start that it brings. I gave up on making resolutions a long time ago and now like to make goals for myself. I find the goals are on my mind in January and some of February, but then start to fade away. I hope to do better this year at keeping them in the forefront of my mind. Here are a few of my goals:
  • Read the entire Bible this year
  • Run 2 half marathons or 1 half and 1 full marathon
  • Complete scrapbooks for our wedding, our first year of marriage, our Hawaii trip, my marathons, my first house on Linwood street, and our first house on Westview street
  • Knit a baby sweater (no, not for me, yet, just to have on hand!)
  • Sew a shirt or skirt, something more challenging than just sewing a hemline
  • Read 12 books
What are your goals?

No comments: