Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Satellite TV

Yesterday was Tuesday which means one thing: Ross and I have a standing dinner date with our couch and the Biggest Loser! We thoroughly enjoy watching this show and look forward to it each week. Every Tuesday night we can be found sitting on our couch, eating dinner and watching the BL. Most of the time we have something very BL-friendly, like pizza. :) We usually start the show after it's been on for about 10-15 minutes. We LOVE our DVR! It is so nice to speed through commercials. DVRing the show helps, too, because I usually get home around 6:30 and by the time I get dinner made it's past 7pm, when BL starts. So DVRing this show is definitely a must for us.

Well, last night after I got home I went upstairs to talk to Ross. He was working out on the stationary bike at the time so we didn't talk long. But what we did talk about was definitely serious. Definitely capable of altering our Tuesday night routine. Definitely hard to deal with.

[Okay, maybe a little dramatic. I read other blogs and see the use of their dramatics and think maybe I could do that too!]

He told me that our local channels were not coming in on the satellite dish. I guess the cable channels worked just fine, but not the local channels, perhaps due to snow and ice being packed on the dish. The Biggest Loser is aired on the local NBC channel which meant we wouldn't be able to see it that night, and it probably wouldn't be recorded, either. Seriously, all dramatics aside, we were both really bummed out about this! Until ...

... I was surrounded by a beautiful, white light and a golden halo appeared above my head. Ross saw me as an angel bringing him good news of great joy as the following words soothingly flowed out of my mouth, like a beautiful melody on a warm, spring day: "We can hook up the antenna from the bathroom TV to the TV in the family room and still get our local channels!"

And alas our evening plans were not ruined after all! We hooked up the antenna and NBC channel 3-1 came in as clear as a bell. We hurried to get dinner ready and were both sitting down and eating at 7pm, anxiously awaiting the Biggest Loser.

So this might be a little silly, but it made me realize how dependent we have become on technology! Ross and I laughed about that a bit and thought about kids today and how for some, a DVR is the only way they watch TV! My, oh my, how technology has changed since I was little. Just think about how it will continue to change, too!

On a side note about technology, we have another show we really like to watch: Million Dollar Money Drop. Look it up, it's great! Well we had planned to record it Tuesday night and watch it Wednesday night. Well, since our satellite was messed up we didn't think MDMD would record, so we went online and streamed it live!

No comments: