Friday, January 28, 2011

If I Didn't Have To Work...

I thought I'd take a break from my shoe blogs and share something I think about a lot:  What type of a job I would have, or what I would do if we won the lottery, or somehow came into a great wealth of money, and I didn't have to work.

I'm a pretty structured person and definitely thrive when my life is built around a routine. I could not imagine not having something to do each day. Now, don't get me wrong. I do love vacation and time off from work, but it would definitely not be good for me to not have something to fill my days.

The three main jobs I would like to do are: work as bank teller, work in a library checking books in and out, and volunteer by delivering meals for Meals on Wheels.

Bank Teller - When I was in college I was a bank teller and absolutely loved this job! I worked at one of the busiest branches in Springfield and just thoroughly enjoyed this job. My drawer almost always balanced, and I loved making a game out of each transaction I received - trying to get it done as quickly and accurately as possible. The people I worked with were all my age and we just had a great time together.

Library - I love to read and I LOVE the library! What a great concept - check out a book, read it, check it back in - all for free! I only read books once and just do not like the thought of having lots of books laying around that I'm never going to read again. Thus, the library is perfect for me. It would be fun to shelve the books, check them out, and see all the different types of books that are available.

Meals on Wheels - Meals on Wheels is a voluntary service that delivers meals to older folks who are home bound. I first heard about this service when I was six years old from my Aunt Marilee. She volunteered with this service and I thought it was the neatest thing. I have thought about it off on on, and have always wanted to be a part of it somehow.

So those are my thoughts on what I'd do if I didn't have to work. What would you do if you didn't have to work?

No comments: