Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm A Messy Traveler

I've learned something about myself over the past few years:  I'm very neat at home and I'm very messy when traveling. Just so you can see what I'm talking about, here's a picture of my hotel room when I arrived:


And here are pictures of my hotel room after just a few days:




I would NEVER leave a mess like this at home! It would bug me way too much to let any part of my house get this messy. Sure, I throw clothes on my closet floor, but they always get picked up before the day is over. Not so much when I travel! My suitcase leaves my house with everything neatly packed, but returns home with everything thrown in and very hard to close because of the mess inside. I haven't figured out why I do this. Knowing myself, I would think the neatness of my home would translate over to neatness of my hotel room. But, as you can see, that is definitely not the case!


No comments: