Friday, August 26, 2011

Mandarin Orange, Banana, and Mini-Marshmallow Salad

I have rediscovered one of my favorite fruit salads: Mandarin Orange, Banana, and Mini-Marshmallow Salad. Growing up, my Mom was always good at having some sort of fruit salad or jello item along with our dinner meal, and this one was the best! 

Ross and I most always have a lettuce salad and either mashed potatoes or a vegetable with our chicken or steak for dinner. Last week I decided I wanted fruit along with our meal and remembered this salad. We always have bananas on hand, but never mandarin oranges or mini-marshmallows, so I had to make an extra trip to the grocery store to get the ingredients. The extra trip was more than worth my time!  I enjoyed every bite of my salad and plan to make it more often. Ross wasn't quite sold on the salad, but that's okay. That just means there's more for me now!

Mandarin Orange, Banana, Mini-Marshmallow Salad
  • 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1 medium-sized banana, cut into thin slices
  • 1/2 - 1 cup mini-marshmallows, more or less depending on taste

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers.


No comments: