Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Silver City, New Mexico

On July 30, I headed west to Phoenix, AZ, for a week-long work conference, and decided to take a super quick trip to Silver City, NM, to visit my Aunt Cheryl. Aunt Cheryl is my dad's older sister who I don't get to see very often. When I realized how "close" Silver City was to Phoenix I decided I needed to visit her. I have sent countless letters to Aunt Cheryl over the years, updating her on my life, telling her what's going on with me and our family. I told her in an email before my trip that I was really excited to see her and to see where all my letters have been delivered to over the years!

I flew into Phoenix Saturday afternoon, rented a car, and started my five-hour drive to Silver City, NM. I got to her place around 6pm that evening and we went to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. After dinner we walked around the town and then went back to her place for visiting with her and her boyfriend, Tim. The next morning I woke up at 7am, and Aunt Cheryl and I went on a hike that led to old rock formations with petroglyphs. This was really neat! I had never seen petroglyphs before and it was interesting learning about them, and seeing the different countryside. After the hike, we went to breakfast, and then back to her place to get ready for my trip back to Phoenix. This was a very quick trip - arriving at her house at 6pm on Saturday and leaving at noon on Sunday, but it was so worth it! It was so much fun to see Aunt Cheryl and learn a little more about her life and where she lives!

Taken from my car while driving through Arizona!

Another picture from my car!



Texas Canyon - very neat granite boulders.

More of Texas Canyon.


Finally entering New Mexico!


Petroglyphs

Petroglyphs

New Mexico terrain

More petroglpyhs




The PO box where my mail is delivered! She's such a good sport to take this cheesy photo!

Aunt Cheryl and Tim outside of their house.

Aunt Cheryl and me.

Back in Arizona on the way "home."


No comments: