Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Christmas Present!

This post is a little late, but I guess better late than never! 

The Christmas decoration in the picture below is a tree that my mom puts out each year. I've always loved it and have tried to find one like it for myself, but haven't had any luck. When we were at her house for Christmas this past season I told her how I liked it and wanted it someday. Well that someday came a lot sooner than I thought it would!

On Christmas night my parents came over to have dinner with us and that's when my mom gave it to me, although I didn't know about it until they had already left and the girls were going to bed. Ever since I was a kid my mom would always put a small present under our pillow on our birthday or Christmas or special days/holidays just so we could have one more present to open that day and extend the fun we had! You might think that this tradition has ended now that I haven't lived at their house for over 20 years, but she is still carrying it on and this is where I found the Christmas tree decoration!

That night when it was time for the girls to go to bed Molly jumped into my bed to be silly and she found the present way down in my bed by where my feet would go. She pulled it out and she knew right away that it was a present from Gumma! (This isn't the first time Lucy or Molly has found a surprise in MY bed that was meant for ME to find! :) ) Molly called me into my room and I opened it and was so surprised and happy to find the tree. It's not a super special or collectible decoration, and she didn't even have it when we were growing up. Rather, it's something I've always really liked. My mom recognized that and decided she wanted me to have it so I can enjoy it now instead of someday.....

That was a very nice, fun surprise and I'm thankful to have this tree decoration now. And it's not so much the fact that I really like it, but rahter because she was nice and thoughtful enough to give it to me knowing I really liked it. Thanks, Mom! I'll enjoy putting it out for Christmases to come! 



No comments: