Monday, March 22, 2021

Spring Pictures

I took the girls to have pictures done at JC Penney's a few weeks ago. I hadn't planned on doing this, but it's kind of funny how it ended up. Each year at school we have fall and spring pictures. I always buy pictures in the fall because I want to and they are really cheap. I think I spent $8 on each girl and received 1 8x10, 2 5x7s, 8 wallets, and 16 little trading pictures. For the fall pictures I use the same background each year..blue. I do the same background because someday when I put all of their pictures in a 12 years collage, I want all the backgrounds to match. Lucy always wants to do a fun background, like with stars or whatever they have, but I say no.

Well, this year I decided to order spring pictures and told Lucy she could pick whatever background she wanted. I looked through their clothes and couldn't find anything that was nice for them to wear so we went shopping and bought each girl a new outfit for the school spring pictures. I did all of this before I received the order form for the school spring pictures and was quite annoyed when I did receive it. The cheapest picture package was $15 for only 2 5x7s! I guess they do it differently in the spring than fall. I did not want to pay $15 for only 2 prints, so decided to take them to JCP where it would be less expensive (when compared to the amount of prints I would get vs the school pictures) and  I could do multiple poses.

I have a love/hate relationship with JCP pictures. I have been going there for almost 8 years now and have bought countless pictures from them. Sometimes I have a great photographer and get really good pictures, others the photographer is so/so and I'm not super thrilled with my pictures. This time around, though, all of the pictures turned out so good! And although I spent more money at JCP than I would have at school for pictures, I did get way more poses! 









No comments: