Monday, February 7, 2011

My Room

We have four bedrooms in our house. One is our master bedroom, one is Ross' Man Cave, one is the guest bedroom, and now one is MY room!

When we moved into our house we decided to put both of our old beds upstairs and have two guest rooms. Sometime in the fall I decided I wanted to have my own space, like Ross has his own space, so we decided to put the bed that was in the second guest room downstairs and turn that room into my room. I was very excited for this, as I planned on making it a sitting/reading/sewing/scrapbooking/and everything else room. My mom even loaned me her rocking chair so I have a nice comfy chair for reading.

Before I "moved in" the walls were plain white with a light pink and green wallpaper border - very 90s, very not me. Ross and I tore down the border (Ross doing most of the work) and painted the room purple! I love purple and am so happy with the way this room turned out. I will so enjoy using this room. Someday when we have kids this room will be turned into the nursery. Hopefully we'll have a little girl first so we won't have to repaint!





I just had to share a picture of this room's closet - I love it! The shelves are built in and there are three different places to hang up clothes. All the closets in our house resemble this one, love that!

1 comment:

Christina said...

WHOO-HOO!!!! :):) I LOVE it!! I can't WAIT to come over and be creatively crafty with you!! :)