Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day #2

Today is my second "snow day" this week! Monday around 4:15pm, we received an email saying our offices would be closed on Tuesday, February 1, due to the blizzard that was heading our way. This was such exciting news! It did seem kind of odd, though, to call off work so early, especially considering it was only about 40 degrees outside and no winter precipitation was falling.

But I am so glad they did call off work! I woke up Tuesday morning around 4am to the sound of sleet hitting our windows. I was in and out of sleep for another three hours, and then Ross and I finally woke up at 7am to see a covering of sleet on the ground. The sleet quickly turned over to snow, and I enjoyed looking out our front door all day long to see how deep the snow was. It sure was pretty to watch, and lasted all day long!

Since about 9$0% of Ross' job involves traveling around the city and surrounding areas, he was stuck at home yesterday. He did a little bit of paperwork, and then turned his computer off for the day around 11am. We were quite productive with our day and painted our guest bedroom. We also shoveled half of our driveway (which was covered with snow just as soon as we were inside and had our snow clothes hanging to dry), and caught up on some of our recorded shows.

My work is closed again today and Ross is doing more paperwork at home. This morning we shoveled the rest of our driveway and took a walk up our street to see what the road conditions were like. As of 11am this morning, the main thoroughfare by our neighborhood had not been cleared off. I sure hope they get to it, and our neighborhood (the city said they would be plowing the neighborhoods due to the large amount of snow we recevived). But, I hope more that I will have another snow day tomorrow!

No comments: