Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pictures - Part 1

I love pictures! I love taking pictures, looking at picture, printing them off and displaying them. I just flat out love pictures. I'd say, though, that it's probably a toss-up as to what I like more - pictures or a cute pair of shoes! I remember my Gramma Peterson ALWAYS taking pictures, and I mean ALWAYS taking pictures! Maybe that's where I get it from. {Side note: My Gramma was 91 years old when she died. I often think about all the changes she saw in cameras throughout her lifetime - sitting still for the old-time cameras, 35mm, Polariod, disposable, underwater, digital cameras! Aiyie, aiyie, aiyie, aiyie, aiyie she would say!}

I think I do a pretty good job, too, of displaying all my pictures in frames throughout our house. In fact, sometimes I laugh at myself when I look around and see ALL the framed pictures of Ross and I. I wonder what people think when they come to our house and see us everywhere! I also like to periodically update the pictures in the frames, too. Some, though, I do like to leave, even though they are pretty old.

I thought I'd share with you some of the pictures I have displayed around our house through a series of Pictures posts. Enjoy!

The picture below is my newest frame. My Aunt Linda gave it to me for Christmas and I love it. It says "May our home know joy, each room hold laughter, every window open to great possibilities." I love how it talks about our home, and I have it hanging inside our entryway. A very fitting place, given the message on the frame. The picture of Ross and I sitting down together and the picture of Ross unlocking the front door are from the day we closed on our house. Right after we were done with closing we went "home" to our new house. Of course I had to take a picture of him unlocking our door for the first time! We had dinner together that night for the first time in our new house - the picture of us in front of the windows is dinner. (Oh how I love the self-timer feature!) And the last picture of us standing together by the front door is the day we moved in. Love it!

No comments: