Saturday, February 5, 2011

Surprise Notes, Again!

Ross is so good about leaving me surprise flowers, or notes in my car or on our bed with my teddy bear.  He left me several notes before we were married on my kitchen doorstep, and I love that he still does this now that we're married!

A few days before our first Valentine's Day together in 2009, I came home from work to find that he had left a white teddy bear setting on my doorstep with a card inviting me on a Valentine's Day date. This was the best! I love surprises, especially surprises from Ross! I have slept with that teddy bear (who we named Steve - Ross and his dad both had a best friend named Steve when they were growing up, so we decided Steve would be my bear's name) ever since the first day I received it, and still do today, even though we're married!

Over the past 9 1/2 months that we've been married, Ross has placed notes, flowers, cereal, candy bars, and other miscellaneous items that he knows I will enjoy, right next to Steve for me to find when I got home from work. I love walking into our room each night and looking over at our bed, wondering if I'll find a surprise or not.

This past Wednesday we were both home all day due to the snow and I didn't find my surprise until around 10pm when we went to bed. Ross left a Valentine card setting on Steve's lap. The card said "Best Friends" on the front. I LOVE this card! It is so sweet and just warmed my heart. Ross certainly does know what makes me happy! Thank you, Ross!


No comments: