Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pictures - Part 3

This is a continuation of the blog series about the pictures I have on display in my house. Enjoy!

Today I'm featuring (okay, that wording makes me feel a little snobby, but oh well!) the pictures I have on the wall in our bedroom. The pictures below are hanging right above our bed, and got the idea from my very good friend (and Premier Jewelry Lady, if you're interested), Christina Jenkins.

I registered for the "All because two people fell in love" frame for our wedding and received it as a shower gift. I had it on display at our reception, along with our parents' and grandparents' wedding pictures. It looked so good at the reception and I thought it would be perfect for what I wanted to accomplish in our bedroom.

I wanted to decorate our bedroom, but didn't want to do flowers or landscapes, so decided on pictures. Pictures of Ross and I and all the fun times we have had together. The pictures below are some of my favorite pictures of us. The picture in the middle of the center frame was taken at my BBQ in April 2008. Ross and I were just friends, but when he put his arm around me to take the picture, I felt butterflies in my stomach and had the thought, "Oh, I like him!" I then went back and forth with my feelings for him...and now we're married! Read more about it here.

Top left side: This picture was taken about 1 1/2 months after we started dating. I didn't have very many pictures of the two of us together and decided we needed some. We sat on my couch and took about 20 pictures (thank God for digital!) and ended up with a few good ones. This one isn't so much the greatest picture, but I love our faces! It pretty much sums us up - fun!!

Middle left side: Ross is proposing to me in this picture "Libby, I love you so much and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" I am SO happy to have this picture!

Bottom left side: This was taken on Easter Sunday 2010, just about one week before we were married. There isn't anything super special about this picture, other than we look really good!

Top right side: This was taken right after we walked up the aisle after our wedding. Love this!!

Middle right side: This was at XPLOR - the excursion we did on our honeymoon in Cancun. The place was definitely not what we thought it would be and we like to joke about it. I'm sure 50 years from now we'll still be laughing about it!

Bottom right side: This picture was taken the night we moved into our new house!

I plan to hang more significant pictures like these as the years go by. I think it would be so neat to have that entire wall filled with pictures of us and our memories!




1 comment:

Christina said...

I LOVE THIS!!! :):):) I love your little "Love" sign!! :):) You are SO good at decorating!! :)